Thursday 1 March 2012

Minty indeedy!

Hello, Bonjour, Salaam and Salut! 

With the Oscars been and gone and the talk STILL ravenous about the outfits, good and bad, I thought I would throw in my own opinion. Not like me I hear you say? PAH, exactly like me!

Lots of amazing outfits and LEGS?!!! Ange you rascal! but only a few really stood out to me, be it cut or colour and so I thought I would gather those together in a loverly wee collage, I love a collage me, to share with you gorgeous lot.

Ok So the best dresses for me were, Rooney Mara in white Givenchy (something different in a way I cannot put my finger on?) I am sure it is her herself that is just fresh faced and distinctive and that to me is eye-catching enough, so yes, she was my first pick. Then Shailene Woodley in Valentino, now, the chat is that the dress is a bit full on, stiff and well, unfussy, I beg to differ, I am not daft about the colour however the cut itself I think is beyond elegant and shows off her figure in all the rite places, so there! ha. My third choice is Cameron Diaz in Gucci and the cut, colour and detail just grabbed my magpie eye straight away, just beautiful from top to bottom and her accessories and makeup complimented it perfectly. Last but not least Michelle Williams in a stunning orange of orange Louis Vuitton dress's that flowed and OOOwed in all the rite places, the colour stood out and her pixie crop finished the look off with Oscar finesse, loved it.


The Fringe and I have been blabbing alot about making our own cushions, now, I made one in highschool and I must admit, it was ace, however I did have a teacher around at all times and a cracking sewing machine to play on. Now, I have neither! it doesn't deter me though as I would love to have an array of contrasting and collective bunch of cushions on my sofa, rather than the sorry ass ones that it is currently fashioning! So with a little studying I came across this little gem and when Fringey and I have some spare pennies this could be the shout of the century, try Sewing Classes Glasgow and we might just be onto something. Meanwhile I found this GORGEOUS tutorial on an equally GORGEOUS website called Design Sponge that I frequent alot for inspirations and wishings that my home was as extraordinary as this site suggests it could be! anyways, this tutorial is definitely for the more advanced, however I love the colours the shape and everything about it.





Well it is no secret at all that this seasons must have/wear colour in our wardrobes is Mint green, which I love, so I am going to share a gorgeous Mint inspired couple of mood boards to set your juices flowing! first mood board comes from a really sleek blog called Wit & Delight and I totally aspire to this exquisiteness of presentation of a resourceful blog. 

And here is one from Polyvore because Outfit inspiration is always encouraging, regardless of the weather!

Sem título #152





Bloody heck I am late for work! I will have a think about some Easter baking ideas and post some of them up later tonight!

Topknot
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment